NLP is the study of excellence, which describes how our thinking produces our behavior, and allows us to model the excellence and to reproduce that behavior. It can be described as the technology of the mind, the science of achievement and the study of success. It is based upon the factors, which account for either success or failure in human performance.
NLP allows you to become a good strategist and operate effectively. It allows you to get to know your style of working and your patterns so you can develop yourself. That could be working on your communication, your limiting beliefs or being able to access high performance states. Knowing NLP in a business context allows you to create a strategy to get a desired result in anything you want.
For over 30 years NLP experts have studied or modeled the behaviour and thinking styles of effective and successful people in business, education, sales, therapy, sport and personal development.
NLP coaches and trainers can help their clients by making a profound change in the state of consciousness through a cooperative flow of energy and ideas. It is not a “Do to” but a “Do with” process. Furthermore, coaches can provide shortcuts to more successful working and living – you learn in hours what may have taken the experts years to discover by trial and effort.
NLP, then, is an extensive study of how the human mind works and how to use the language of the mind to consistently achieve our specific and desired outcomes. How we filter our external experiences will morph into how we enact our future behaviour.
According to Psychology Today Magazine, “Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) is arguably the most powerful Behavioural Science on the planet today”. Science Digest describes it as, “the most powerful vehicle for change in existence.”
People around the globe now use its simple, yet highly effective techniques, to help themselves or their clients to create the change they want to make and live the life they always wanted.
And finally, NLP produces results 100% of the time.
NLP can be applied in the following areas:
- Personal Development: to remove negative emotions and patterns, build confidence and self-esteem, and setting and achieving goals.
- Business: enhance communication skills, sales and management skills, and negotiation strategies.
- Coaching and therapy: to accelerate changes with clients by looking at the processes that underlie a particular pattern, emotion or habit.
- Education and training: to promote and accelerate learning and memory.
- Sport: to enhance performance.
- Parenting: to cultivate effective communication and set clear boundaries with your children right from the start.
- Communication: to acquire excellent communication skills.
Please refer to the article on NLP (NLP FAQ) in our blog section. It describes NLP in more detail.
Anne Cleall is a Board Certified NLP Master Practitioner